Based on this infrastructure, services will be made available to research entities and enterprises (with a special focus on the SME sector) to support R&D and commercial activities. It will allow to increase the use of HPC resources by the scientific and business community, focused on many fields - among others: chemistry, physics, bioinformatics, health, engineering sciences, finance, security and new ICT technologies. The project is based on the work of 6 specialised laboratories responsible for particular elements of the constructed infrastructure:
- HPC and cloud computing
- Access to computing infrastructure
- Services management and monitoring
- Data management services
- Management of distributed data
- Security of PRACE-LAB infrastructure.
As a result of project implementation, it is planned to increase the competitiveness of the Polish scientific and economic environment on international markets. Thanks to the conducted development works and strengthening of innovative solutions in the field of computing infrastructure, the position of the Polish ICT sector will also be improved. The project is implemented by a consortium composed of following institutions:
- Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences – Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center (project leader)
- The Academic Computer Centre CYFRONET AGH
- Białystok University of Technology
- Czestochowa University of Technology
- Gdańsk University of Technology CI TASK
- Lodz University of Technology
- Kielce University of Technology
- Wrocław University of Technology – Wroclaw Centre for Networking and Supercomputing.